Monday, August 23, 2010

Who is this Claire person anyway?

Okay, this is the post where I introduce myself to my (currently non-existent) readership.

Hello, my name is Claire and I'm an internet-aholic.

My current favorite blogs are Cake Wrecks and Ruffly Speaking.  I also spend a lot of time on the forums at dogster.com.

I'm obsessed with my rescue mutt, Bruno, and dogs in general.

I spend a lot of time scheming about how to survive in the modern world without resorting to corporate prostitution.  So far, the things I know I can do:

1. Train dogs.  I'd like to get some formal schooling and experience in this, but I think I've got the basics, and I find it absolutely fascinating.

2.  Make pottery- handbuilt and wheel-thrown.  I am particularly enamored of the primitive open-pit style of pottery firing.  It's like going back in time to our caveman days, making things out of mud and baking them in the fire!

3.  Not die in the wilderness... I can make a fire without matches, pick the right wild plants and mushrooms to not get poisoned,  build a shelter, navigate and tell time by the sun and stars, get drinking water almost anywhere, and be generally self-sufficient.

4.  Be a lazy butt and read blogs, forums, and articles on the internet all day.

Anyone know a good way to combine all these and make a living at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment