Thursday, September 9, 2010

I need a new camera


Well, “need” is a bit strong. I would LIKE a new camera, because my current one is frustrating me to no end.  It’s a cheap Kodak point-n-shoot, and it takes 2 seconds after you push the button to capture the image, and FIVE seconds (one-Mississippi, two-Mississippi, etc.) to be able to take another picture after that.  A lot can happen in 2 seconds or 5 seconds, I’m missing cool shots because I’m waiting for my stupid camera to catch up. (If I put it in ‘fast action mode” instead of full auto, it’s slightly better, but tends to make dull, dim images.)

For example, I was trying to capture the elegant (but also hilarious) way that Bruno chooses to exercise himself in our pasture.  He leaps about, pouncing on the grass, in a way that looks exactly like the “airs above the ground” exercise that high-school dressage horses do.  Like this:  
  













And here's Bruno's version... I didn't get a good up in the air shot, because he moves too fast.  These are take-offs and landings.




















I don’t want to go all out and get a DSLR (even if I could afford it) I just want a better pocket-size camera that won’t cost me hundreds to replace if I drop it in a river (which actually happened to my first digital camera- whoops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment